'Looking for your white iPhone with the black and white case? I'll bring it to the lost and found. -Dixie' left an incmedia card in the school restroom for a girl who left her phone. #inc100acts #incgiving #DallasKB100
Lessons learned from HIMYM
1. "Nothing good ever happens after 2am." Making decisions in this most unholy hour, is a TERRIBLE idea. Don’t do it. Whatever you are thinking of, it’s a bad idea. It’s a stupid decision. Just go home and sleep. Decide when you wake up; you’d make better decisions after a good night’s rest.
2. "You don’t always end up being the person you always planned to be." Some dreams just don’t come true. But that doesn’t mean that whatever you end up doing is terrible; sometimes you end up somewhere you don’t expect and sometimes be happier about it. We have to accept that you can’t always get what you want.
3."Things change." It might not have worked out the first time, but things change. You might find yourself liking this person all over again. People change, just give them a chance because sometimes the things you used to hate about a person has changed or the person has changed for the better. People also change. We lose connection with loved ones, we get married, we have kids, we move away, we meet new people. And as much as we want everything to stay the same, we can’t because new things replace the old ones and we need to focus on the good things that are coming in the future and not the good things that were in the past.
4. “Don’t think. Do.” Some things a so simple you just overcomplicate things. Just go with the flow and let things happen without you stressing over little details and planning everything out.
5. "There is someone out there for you." You may not meet “the one” today, tomorrow, or the next day; but somehow, you’ll find the right one for you, soon. You might fall in love with someone you never expected to fall for. You might fall for this person in some of the most unexpected ways or situations. Just give everyone a chance.
6. "That’s the funny thing about destiny, it happens whether you planned it or not." Destiny is destiny. You can’t stop it and you don’t know what will happen.
7. "Because sometimes even if you know how something’s gonna end that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the ride." Have fun or enjoy things while it lasts. You might regret it if you don’t.
8. "The littlest thing can cause a ripple effect that changes your life." Everything happens for a reason, even the little things. One moment can change your life forever.
9. "There are two big days in any love story: the day you meet the girl of your dreams and the day you marry her." These 2 big days are one of the most unforgettable days of your life. The day you meet the person you’re going to spend the rest of your life with and the day you start the rest of your life together.
10. "You see, everyone’s got some baggage- it’s part of life- but like anything else, it’s easier when someone gives you a hand with it." People have gone through so many things throughout their life. Problems and bad memories/experiences are always a part of everyone’s lives. It’s hard carrying all these burdens alone. Sometimes it’s easier if someone was with you, supporting you, and helping you carry your “baggage”.
11. "Love doesn’t make sense." There is no logic behind love. Sometimes you just don’t know how you’d fall in love with someone who is completely against all of your senses you think is the wrong person, but somehow… in someway, you still fell for this person. It doesn’t have to make sense to make sense.
12. “Wait for it.” If we want to see something legendary happen, we’re going to have to wait for it.” It took 9 seasons for HIMYM to end and eventhough the ending was not what most of us expected, HIMYM will always and forever be LEGENDARY
21 People On What They Would Tell Their 19-Year-Old Selves
- Jonathan, 55: There is no such thing as “the only one”. You will meet lots of “the ones”. Only commit when the timing is right for the both of you – that can take years for some, and that’s okay.
- Miranda, 24: Drop pre-med.
- Isaac, 48: Deodorant does not count as a shower, and that haircut only looked good on Bon Jovi.
- Anya, 42: Make the conscious decision to be happy, and then stick with it. Society will do everything in its power to convince you that your personal happiness is dependent on something external – beauty, success, wealth, etc. – it isn’t.
- Parker, 55: 60% of the things you think are important now won’t matter a whit to you by the time you reach 50. The trick is to figure out the important 40% and work it.
- Megan, 34: He doesn’t love you, and you will be okay.
- Peter, 58: Don’t let anything stand in your way of taking part (or all) of your junior year abroad. You’ll never again have quite the same opportunity to experience a foreign land, for an extended period of time, in your youth. It is destined to be one of the most memorable aspects of your life.
- Eleanor, 67: Talk less. Listen more.
- Donald, 27: There’s a huge difference between who you want to be and who everyone around you wants you to be. Figure out which is which.
- Camille, 56: Always remember: when falling off a horse, pull your tongue in.
- Jackson, 57: No one knows anything for sure. They’re all just doing the best they can with what they have, just like you.
- Vicki, 47: You’ll never have all the answers, so make every question count.
- Donald, 38: You don’t have to grow up to be the dad you never had.
- Katelyn, 30: Make the most out of college. You will never again be at a place where your only goal is to learn. Learn a lot, learn often, and learn with reckless abandon.
- Joshua, 55: Women love to laugh.
- Annabelle, 38: Drugs are not beautiful, glamorous or opulent. They are not a remedy, a solution, a cure-all, or a cure-anything.
- Colin, 50: You miss so much life when you sleep until 3 PM. Wake up to see sunrises; they are the most stunning of nature’s masterpieces.
- Eleanor, 26: Eating two pints of ice cream won’t make you happy. Neither will sprinting 10 miles. Be nice to yourself.
- Aaron, 52: Don’t forget to ask that girl in the Oberlin library what kind of perfume she’s wearing. You’ll buy it for her in 20 years.
- Scarlett, 54: Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Those that get you will love you, those that don’t, well, their loss. Just remember: Wherever you are, it’s a party.
- Zack, 9: I hope you’re awesome. And be nice to girls.
The road wasn’t straight as I wanted it to be, but I made it :) #transformationtuesday
Five years is past the statute of limitation of proposals. If you don’t get married in that time, you have to re-propose.